Future Crocodile Wrestler, Lawyer & President of the USA...Welcom Into My World!!!!

Monday, August 1, 2011

Introvert on the Inside, Extrovert on the Outside!

You ever took a survey to figure out like what job would be best for you and they ask you what you would consider yourself to be and the choices are A) Introvert or B) Extrovert.? Depending on how I felt that day would determine the answer for that question. But I've come to realize that neither one of those choices would give you an accurate description of me. People always say "Hey your such a people person" but only if they knew that I was the complete opposite. I can remember calling my mother right after a group meeting and the first thing that came out of my mouth was "Mom, I really don’t like people and I’m getting really angry >= !” For a while I actually thought something was going on with me like maybe I was going through depression or just really stressed but I've come to find out that it’s neither. I JUST HAVE A VERY LOW TOLERANCE FOR PEOPLE!.... I’ve come to terms with the fact that I’m just an Introverted Extrovert (If that makes any sense to you).Whenever people think about Introverts they seem just to think shy but contrary to popular belief it’s more to it. They're not only shy people they just happen to thrive more when alone. For me being alone is when I’m most at peace, it’s when I’m most at ease to allow my inner thoughts to freely  roam my body, spirit, and mind. It’s where I find my balance. But at the same time I enjoy being social. I like to go out and have fun and be the 20year old that I am...But this whole being social thing for me is just mentally draining...To have to sit down and listen to other people’s opinions that I could really care less about o_0...and then you have those people who are just about ignorant in every way possible. Those kinds of people that you just wanna smack the hell out of because they don’t listen...MAYBE IF THEY WOULD SHUT THEIR BIG, FAT, FUNKY MOUTHS!!! (excuse me, I’m sorry about that) They wouldn’t have to ask so many questions that were already answered...ugghh (RickRossVoice)...Then there’s those people who, who just continue to try to talk to you and they know good and well that you don’t like them...oh and let’s not forget about that lady on the 25 who feels the need to tell you her whole life story -__-....You see this...this right here is why...THIS IS WHY...I JUST CANT WITH PEOPLE!!! But people never seem to notice that about me and maybe that’s because my outside appearance is one of an extrovert, you know the ones who people believe are friendly and outgoing? (I’ve heard that before) Extroverts the ones who are said to enjoy social situations and being around people (that sounds like me!), the ones who have an outstanding ability to make small talk (oh yea that’s me) ....Wait!...Never mind...that whole introvert/extrovert bull crap I just told you doesn’t even matter....This right here is what we call "The Art of Networking" ….(I’m pretty sure that just went over your head but when you’re ready to succeed it will make sense.) I guess in life you learn to adapt to your environment and to become what it is that society says you need to be. But if anyone was to ever ask me whether or not I considered myself to be a introvert or an extrovert my answer would go like this:"I consider myself to be a Introverted Extrovert...the introvert is who I am and if I want to be successful in this society the extrovert is who I have to portray to be."

1 comment:

  1. This post is very YOU! (all the colors and funky font styles) and I completely understand where you are coming from ! ( like minds ) Like you, I can enjoy and thrive being alone because I can be happy with me. I know I can depend on me to get me through any and all situations without fail (starting to sound like I love myself almost as much as you love you!) however indeed you have to be what society tells you to be. In fact, I think I LEARNED to be an extrovert in order to get by and be successful as you mentioned. Do extroverts experience feelings of being shy or uncertainty? sure they do! you hit the nail right on the head! I enjoyed reading!!

    ReplyDelete